Saturday, November 15, 2008

Welcome to me

Hmmm

It has been some time since I have actually written about my own practice and further more about where I am going, at least artistically. So I am committing to begin this slow and hard process of writing about my work and - to some degree myself in this process because I firmly believe that the art you create and your art practice cannot be separated.

In closing I want to thank three special people: Margaret Dragu - well first, for being who she is and being my artistic sister; to Allison Sivak for always telling me - "you should write about this" and "I think that you should write about that"; and finally to Karen Elaine Spence for convincing me that it is important to being a documentation of my work -- partly because much of the work that I do is so much about the intimate encounter between one and one - between the artist and the audience and the blurring of them both.

Todd

1 comment:

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

"I firmly believe that the art you create and your art practice cannot be separated."

I agreed>

Cheers